Cathedral made from 55,000 LED lights
Luminarie De Cagna is an Italian family business founded in 1930. Back then on festive occasions the company illuminated buildings and squares with oil and carbide lamps. This was quickly switched to electric lights, and since 2006 only LEDs are used for new projects. The lights are joined to make large curtains of light, which are placed onto buildings or spread out on other objects in the area. In this way, whole streets and even squares are full of light.
Energy Wasted? On the contrary, this immense work of art with 55,000 LED lights consumes only 20Kwatt / h of electricity.